Sunday 25 April 2010

Black Sun Aeon - Routa


Some Heavy Metal for a change. I hope to refrain from posting albums by bands that are too popular right now, especially concerning the metal and rock genres. But more unknown bands like this one could use some free promotion.
Promotion you say?
Yes, the person behind Black Sun Aeon himself has released an illegal prerelease copy on the internets, because he believes that without it, few people would actually listen to his music, let alone knwo if they like it and want to buy a physical copy.

This is some very classy doom death metal. I would love to compare this to My Dying Bride, my favourite doom death band, but BSA sounds nothing like MDB.They have a very bass-driven guitar sound, some necessary teareautiful riffing and some excellent deep grunts. The only thing that put me off was the pronunciation of the clean sung parts. I know, I'm a nitpicker, but stil..

Released: Cyclone Empire, March 2010.

CD 1
01. Core of Winter
02. Frozen
03. Sorrowsong
04. Routa
05. Wreath of Ice
06. Dead Sun Aeon
07. Cold


CD 2
01. Funeral of World
02. River
03. Frozen Kingdom
04. Wanderer
05. The Beast
06. Silence
07. Apocalyptic Reveries


Finger Disc 1
Finger Disc 2

For buying

No comments:

Post a Comment